Transifex now Supports PPTX and Google Slides Via Zapier
Do keep in mind, however, that the latter is only possible through Zapier. Here is all you need to know about this!
Table of Contents
PPTX is the default file format for MS PowerPoint and Google Slides.
The “X” in “PPTX” stands for “XML” and basically refers to the format being treated as open source.
PPTX files can now be uploaded and used directly within Transifex.
Using Google Slides via our Zapier Integration
Zapier is our latest integration and a platform that allows numerous apps to communicate with each other while enabling you to create “Zaps” to automate tasks.
In our case, you can use Zapier to create an automated process to get your Google Slides to Transifex, translate them, and then upload the translated files back to your GDrive. And all this is done while maintaining the format of your content.
Here’s an example of how you can use Google Slides with Transifex:
1. Create a Zap to send Google Slides from Google Drive to Transifex
- Determine how often you want to send files to Transifex (i.e. when there is an update on an existing file or/& when there are new files in your folder)
- Select the Transifex Organization & Project that you want the files to be uploaded
2. Create a Zap to send translated Google Slides from Transifex to Google Drive
- Determine at which step of your localization workflow you want your Zap to be triggered (i.e. when translations are 100% completed)
- Download translated files from Transifex and select the Google folder that you want to upload them to.
We’ll soon release more content about Zapier and how you can use it with Transifex, so stay tuned!