Transifex.com to Share Weekly Updates
We just wanted to inform that, from now on, we intent to notify our users whenever bugfixes and enhancements are deployed on Transifex.com. Usually these updates will happen every week on Tuesday, but things might be rescheduled depending on the priority of some issues. We hope to keep it without many changes…
On the past weeks we had updated the Transifex.net instance with some denormalization of data, which, as you might have noticed, resulted on a faster response on several parts of the system compared to the previous 1.0 version. Transifex.net is running the 1.1-devel version right now. This is the good thing about keeping our ‘tip’ in the repository always as stable a possible. 🙂
Well, today we just did a new round of updates on the server with small fixes that can be found listed bellow. Please let us know of any issue you might experience through our ticket system.
- Changed the lock db_cleanup method to connect the hourly cron signal
- Decreasing number of queries on resource details page
- Updated translations
- Some UI work around ‘Translate Now’ button
- Improved wordcount performance using db aggregations
- Updated to jquery.fancybox 1.3.4
- Extracomments in TS now show in Lotte.
- Locks now use internal signals to correctly show the stats tables
- Use correct default ordering for plural strings in PO/Qt files in export
- Deleting a team now correctly updates RLStats
- Fixed an issue in the wordcount data migration
- Exceptions messages are now correctly internationalized
Some Best Practices for Developers
Speaking of bug fixes and query updates … we know that a developer’s role in the localization and translation management process can be a difficult one if you don’t have the right workflows in place. To help, we’ve put together a guide highlighting the practices that the best development teams put into place to streamline the localization process — from integrating localization into build cycles to tricks for avoiding string freezes. Download the free guide to learn more.